Thursday, August 20, 2009

Home still in progress...

If I'm really lucky, the person that said they were going to call me back tomorrow (Friday) about renting my house, will, in fact, actually call. She seemed very interested... we'll see.

Meanwhile, the issue of where I'll live when I DO rent the house is still being determined. Qualifying to buy is looking optimistic, but still some things to work out. I still haven't found the "perfect" house or condo either. I've seen some nice ones, but they all have a thing or two that would cause difficulty, like a really narrow hallway or a laundry room too small for me to drive into. So, still looking. I am finding myself very interested in a new development in Orem, just west of Geneva Rd between University Pkwy and Orem Center St. You can see some of the info here: http://www.edgehomes.com/. My realtor is exploring that more to see if it's really as nice a deal as it seems.

The other issue in my life the last 2 days that I'm praying REALLY HARD will turn out to be much ado about nothing is that my elbow has suddenly decided to become much more painful than usual, particularly when I do something really crazy like move it. :p  The good news is I CAN move it. The other good news is I went to Instacare last night to get it x-rayed, just to be sure it hadn't, you know, broken out, and it hasn't. The bones and implant look just like they did several months ago. The bad news is it definitely hurts more than normal, and feels, for lack of a better word, heavy. It's weird and annoying. Hopefully I just tweaked or pulled something and after a few days it will be all better again. For you panicky ones, I promise I didn't DO anything to it - no trauma, no hitting it, nothing. Just suddenly started hurting. Doh.

Stay tuned to your local station for further updates as they become available. :)

2 comments:

  1. The whole details of getting someone else in your house and getting yourself somewhere else at the same time are really frustrating. You either have to buy at just the right time or rent for a little while. Which is why we're going to end up throwing away $2K to break our lease. Stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those home plans look nice...but please still seriously consider a condo or townhouse? Just so that someone else is doing overall maintenance, scraping snow off driveways and sidewalks, fixing broken water mains, etc?

    Who is this woman who wants to rent? I thought there was an older guy...male...who was already interested? What happened to him?

    ReplyDelete